U.S. Clean Energy Fund is proud to offer solar financing with zero money down, starting at 5.5% annual percentage rate (APR).
Our innovative financing model matches your loan repayments with your projected solar earnings — so you always come out ahead.
Here’s how it works:
- We install solar panels on your property, and lend you the full cost of the system.
- We create a payment schedule for your loan based on projected electricity savings and credits. This will include a 30% payment in May of the following year, corresponding to the federal solar tax credit.
- Depending on these projections, the loan may last 10-20 years.
- After you have paid off the loan, the electricity savings and credits are pure profit for you!
- There is no origination fee and no prepayment penalty.
Terms & Conditions
Solar financing is available for customers that can take full advantage of the federal solar tax credit. Lending is done through a 3rd-party lender. Your actual interest rate will depend on the projected solar value, your credit history, and other factors.
Financing vs. Cash Purchase
Should you finance your solar panels, or pay for them up-front with cash? It is a personal decision that depends on your individual financial situation.
A typical 5kW residential solar installation costs about $13,000. Suppose your utility pays you 12.5¢/kWh for solar electricity, increasing by 3% each year. If you were to pay cash for this system, it would take 11-12 years to earn back that money:
If you were to finance this solar installation with a loan from USCEF, there is no “payback period” — because there is no up-front payment! The loan is paid off in year 17, after which the solar starts making a profit.
Over the 25-year lifetime of the system, you would earn about $6,000 more by buying the system outright. (That $6,000 is the total interest paid on the $13,000 loan at 5.5% APR). However, the tradeoff is that you could have invested that $13,000 in something else instead, like a retirement account.
Whether you want to pay for your solar installation outright, or finance it with a loan, U.S. Clean Energy Fund can help you. Fill out the form below to get more information. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.